Saturday, October 25, 2008

Next Book Pick


Forgive me for being a bad book club host!

Ok, so we read Run in September and then nothing in October. I need to get better with this blog (for all 3 of you who read it). I have a problem with reading--I can't seem to pace myself. I read Run in 3 days and then didn't comment on it until way later. I just need to comment while reading. I want to read something new for November. Any thoughts? I promise I will comment and be a better moderator of this blog. My choices for next month would be Hot, Flat & Crowded (Friedman), The Forever War (Filkins), or The Vampire Lestat (Ann Rice). I am open to any other suggestions, but these are the books that I am currently reading. Please comment...what do you want to read?

(FYI-- just saw Oprah's book pick. It looks good. Any thoughts?)
                       

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Okay, I am also reading Hot, Flat and Crowded(your sister thinks you've formed a cult), contemplating an Ann Rice as my formally goth sister is a huge fan and I whipped through all of Twilight.. and I just finished reading Edgar Sawtelle for my live book club next month and would love someone to explain it to me.... So those are my thoughts!!!

Sarah said...

Ann Rice?!? I don't think so, my friend.

Jenaia said...

Here are a few I've been wanting to read but haven't gotten to.
1- The Alchemist
2- A Thousand Splendid Suns

Claire said...

I want to read 1000 Splendid Suns too. I loved Kite Runner.