Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I have to begin this post by saying how happy I am in my life. I have a wonderful husband, an incredible child, a snuggly dog, amazing friends & family, you get the picture. I wanted to start off saying that so you are not scared of the rest of my post. I have entered sort of a nonfiction/dark reading time in my life. Lately I have been reading a lot about human rights, refugees, war, and genocide. Maybe it is because I am so grateful for all I have or maybe because I realize how fragile it is; how easy it would be for me to be somewhere else, future uncertain, peace nonexistent. Not trying to bum you out on NYE, instead I hope to inspire you to read about what is really going on in the world. We can't hope to change it if we don't know what's out there. So crack open the bubbly and crack open a new book!

           (If you have any book suggestions for this genre please comment)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Claire, I don't mind at all! Happy New Year!

Julia said...

I just have to say (in response to the first part of your post), my sister today told me that, all in one day, she found out that the person doing her wedding cake was going to be out of town on her wedding day AND her wedding dress had been sent back for repairs without her knowledge. According to her this was the "worst day of my life." My comment that, if that's the worst day of her life she the luckiest b**** in the world, was not taken well.

I've been thinking a lot lately about how lucky I really am.