Monday, September 15, 2008

Help!!!


I need some help. I was just watching the news and realized that I know very little about the economy. I then started to think about the many, many subjects that I need to learn more about. I am currently reading Hot, Flat, & Crowded (see entry below) and I'm learning an incredible amount. My question to you is what book have you read lately that taught you something? I want to compile a list of books that you believe everyone needs to read. These books can be on any topic, they just need to make you smarter somehow. Please comment!

4 comments:

-C said...

28 Stories by Stephanie Nolen.

An amazing compilation of short stories gathered across Africa of people living with HIV/AIDS.

It was incredibly heartbreaking, well told AND educational.

C-

Phil Svoboda said...

ISHMAEL by Daniel Quinn

By far and away this book got me thinking! It opened my eyes to the world, its ethics and problems and how we, as human beings, relate to one another. Although I read this book years ago, it still has an impact on how I live my life.

Phil Svoboda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RuyEstefania said...

The female brain, by Louann Brizendine.

I would recommend this book to women who want to understand themselves and to men who want to understand women! It was given to me by my father, who had read it to understand my mother better, to also realize that he finally understood his daughter´s teen years (me).
I read it and so have my husband; despite of its scientific look, we both found it very easy to understand. It provided us lots of questions solved and many conspiratorial winks every month. ;p